Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's a PC world, so let's eliminate bake-offs while we're at it

Everything has gone the way of political correctness and none of it has satisfied my needs. For example I like to say harassment with the "ass" pronounced as the word intended, not the dreaded hairessment.

So as someone who doesn't feel the need to be constantly offended by pointless bullshit I've finally found my point of offention. (get it - it's a play on "point of contention"...)

Anyway at work today we had this bake-off contest for a meeting. The meeting occurred around lunchtime when people are generally hungry. Well self goddamn control went out the goddamn window and I ate craploads of sugary creamy buttery-crusty crap. CRAP!!! I don't even like sweet stuff. Ugh, not pleased.

So there should be a rule that bake-offs have to contain splenda and fat free cream cheese. Or else a nice, hungry girl such as myself will be subjected to the temptation and peer-pressure of eating the baked goods of proud, and possibly sensitive, co-workers. Or bake-offs should be optional gatherings and not at required meetings during lunch hours.

I got up at 5:30am this morning to get to downtown Minneapolis early enough to workout. I rode the bus with no makeup. All to negate it with cheesecake and pie. Not cool, man, not cool.

No comments: