Friday, December 7, 2007

What the Crap Happened?!?

Well a lot, actually. It's funny how self-conscious you get after you haven't blogged for a while. Even though only about 2, possibly 3, people read my tasty slice of Web 2.0 goodness. (Or badness, if you hate blogs as my mom does.) I still feel like I should deliver something amazing for my many months away.

Well I'm here to dash that expectation and get on with it already.

I traveled to D.C. & Orlando during the month of October for work. I've discovered that Orlando Airport + Northwest = Crap. This picture attests to some of what Erin & I suffered at the Northwest terminal:



Notice the dreadful black-garbage bag like stuff taped to the naked cement pillars. And the ceiling, oh wait - there is no freaking ceiling.

The worst part was the options for food. Erin went to get pizza while I waited at the ridiculous bar. It was the type of bar you find outside at resort swimming pools. Limited selection, overpriced, and tiny. But at least at a resort you have the pool. All we had was some no-name pizza place (which Erin said was pretty bad), an icky sandwich shop, and frozen yogurt. Oh joy. However do I choose...at this point the $5 Northwest Snackbox sounds pretty good.

Earlier in the month when I went to D.C. I stayed at a hotel that was posh to the max. Granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and a swiveling 40 inch flat screen HD TV. And they actually had HD channels.





Pardon the Slayer sweatshirt and cute shoes lined up by the table...

I also went to Vegas (for fun), but I won't torture with my pictures from there. At least not today, this blog entry is long enough. Congrats if you made it this far.

I'm back. I think. As long as Erin, Mark, & Jon read this, it's totally worth it.

1 comment:

Erin B said...

Yeah, baby, that airport SUCKED MONKEY BUTT!

And next will be Lansdowne for me - can't wait for the honeycomb of ugliness!